Internship - The Essence of Any B-School Curriculum



I have always had an affinity in understanding people, their mind-set and the way they behave. Specializing in Human Resources & Organizational Development has been my passion. I got an opportunity to do my internship with Jindal Stainless Ltd., founded by Shri O.P Jindal in 1970; this is one of the largest stainless steel conglomerates in India and ranks amongst the top 10 stainless steel conglomerates in the world.

The Organization’s culture and today’s business need from an interpersonal perspective is what really excites me here. I have explored lot of the opportunities here through word of mouth- whether this be our office of Career Guidance and Placements at Christ Institute of Management, Delhi NCR, my family, my friends and intense online research on Linkedin,. I’m a part of the recruitment team.  I always wanted to be with a large global stainless-steel maker, working with the best and the brightest. I’m a part of a vibrant team here. From the first day of my internship, I have been assigned to recruit for Senior Level. I believe, having this kind of exposure on my resume, will definitely give me an edge during my final placements.
  
Internship is the essence of any B-School curriculum, since it given us a real time application of the theories learned in the classroom. I’m majorly exposed to recruiting, interviewing, and conducting orientations for new recruits, re-designing training manual, develop recruiting surveys and coordinating for the training needs of the employees. Overall, I had the best of learning experience wherein I gained a lot of knowledge and real time exposure to the corporate culture.

        
Dev Shukla
Ist Year Student
PGDM Batch 2015-17



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DID You KNOW That ??

REJUVENATION OF MINDS

Group Discussion - Integral Part